[nycphp-talk] Config file format and admin suggestions

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Sat May 19 16:46:21 EDT 2007

My config files are currently a bunch of define statements. I¹m going to
change the format as I rewrite the admin back-end and am looking for
suggestions ‹ anything from database storge to yaml files.

I¹m leaning towards PEAR Config to get me going. It appears to be fairly
flexible, but it doesn¹t support yaml or a DB-based container. I¹m also
curious about how people go about setting available white list values,
default values, etc. without hardcoding them.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Cliff