[nycphp-talk] Proper Form Processing Techniques

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Fri May 23 13:59:02 EDT 2014

On 05/23/2014 07:27 AM, David Krings wrote:

> I see your point with multiple devices, but that requires the user to
> understand that one device is not the same as the other. That concept
> is not new and only a problem if one doesn't know about it and if
> connectivity was not present during the entire process.

Actually, depending on the browser these days, it might not even matter.

I know that for myself, I can work on any computer in the house or my
cell phone and my local data will be the same on all of them. But then,
I use Google Chrome and an Android phone - so everything automatically
synchs between devices.

Though to be completely honest, the real reason I write code using local
data for many situations is because it's fun. :-)  When doing anything
professionally, I always have to weight the options and choose the best
option for the client.   IE doing something that will take twice as long
to code "because it's fun" is the wrong decision - it has to have
business value.  Doing something that will take the same amount of time
to code "because it's fun" is the right decision because if I'm having
fun programming, I'm more effecient.