[nycphp-talk] mysql configuration peculiarity: it reads /etc/mysql/*.cnf

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Wed Sep 4 20:02:20 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Ronald Bradford <rb42list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Curious, as somebody that's worked in MySQL in a while I have not
> experienced this.
> I wonder if it's a debian trait  (because FWIW !includedir is not
> standard MySQL).

D'oh! I think it may be that I was doing 'sudo service mysql reload'  after
editing my.cnf and *that* might be was doesn't really reload. I would have
to go study my .bash_history and I'm away from that machine now
(blessedly!), but I think it might be another PEBCAK type of problem,
albeit a tricky one.

Debian does seem to have a personality. I am giving it a go for the first
time on the two LAMP servers I administer at my job.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/