[nycphp-talk] Most common Framework

federico ulfo rainelemental at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:57:59 EDT 2011

What's the best framework is one of the hot discussion on linked in.
Ruby has Rails, PHP has many, Symfony2 it's a good one, mostly used in
Europe, the community is nice, but the founder Fabien Potencier is not
very friendly, before come to NYC, at the Italian PHP Day I asked him
if they was hiring, he's answer was "we hire only people who speak
French" ...

Kohana is based on Code Igniter, a good choice but the community is
way smaller than Code Igniter, here in NYC many agencies goes for Yii,
Zend is one of the best solution, hope the PHP 5 version will improve
the performances, which were the biggest issue of it.

Keep in consideration also to use a CMF like Drupal, one of the best
solution, many NYC agencies chose it, so is also a good skill to add
in your resume, if you're searching for job.

As last, I'd like to mention the RainFramework, it's easy, lightweight
and fast, so if you searching for great performances it's worth a try

Sent from my iPhone