[nycphp-talk] How much is a site redesign worth?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Apr 2 18:59:10 EDT 2011

On 4/2/2011 3:32 PM, Michele Waldman wrote:
> In '99, I was making $70-85/hr as an Oracle/C Programmer.

Interesting discussion, but what baffles me beyond repair is how much more
developers are paid compared to QA or support staff. The difficulty of work is
about the same, although for a support job I think it is even higher (think
about it, the supporters have to defend what the developers goofed up). The
skill set is somewhat different, but thinking about what I get as a veteran QA
Analyst and the hourly rates you are discussing makes me just wanna cry. OK,
in all fairness, I'm not working in City, but upstate. Still, I think that if
you can steadily land jobs that pay 50$ an hour you are doing quite well.

David