[nycphp-talk] Deploying PHP Applications

Paul A Houle paul at devonianfarm.com
Thu Apr 29 13:52:02 EDT 2010

Jeremy Hise wrote:
> Ok so it's not crazy to put an svn client on a production server for this
> purpose.
>
> Thanks for the tip!

    Although it drives certain IT people bonkers,  I think it's a very
wise thing to put a version control client on your server.

    I would have a problem with letting it be CVS--,  I mean "svn".

    Although "svn" superficially improves on CVS in some ways,  my
experience is that the CVS branching model is a perfect match for the
challenges that I've faced in developing web systems that evolve.  That
branching model can be emulated easily in git,  and that's what I use today.