[nycphp-talk] does Dreamhost suck?

Edward Potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 14:25:45 EDT 2009

maybe something here:
A Simple Shell Script to Create a Custom php.ini on Dreamhost’s Shared Host
http://www.foryourlungsonly.net/2009/07/28/a-simple-shell-script-to-create-a-custom-php-ini-on-dreamhosts-shared-host/

PS, in 2000 we paid $25,000 every 4 weeks to host our site.  I mean have to
give these guys a little bit of leeway, the prices are rock bottom.

If you have a serious site, you need to get a dedicated server.  I think the
issue with dreamhost, is no live support.  I think that's a MAJOR problem.
I'm surprised a company that brings in millions of dollars a month has not
tackled that.

Hostgator is fine by us, we have 100's of sites hosted there. ZERO problems.
Online support in 30 seconds or less.  Hard to top that.  :-)

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Eddie Drapkin <oorza2k5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Sep 2009, David Mintz wrote:
> >
> >> I am having a polite little argument about that with them. I said, in
> >> substance, OK, so what is the official way to set up one's own php.ini,
> and
> >> they said we'll get back to you.
> >

> > I still think vservers (like linode.com) are a better way to go.
> >
> > --
> > Aj.

> > http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
> >

> I couldn't agree more.