[nycphp-talk] Periodic Browsercam.com group availability

Michele Waldman mmwaldman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jun 3 22:00:42 EDT 2009

I do not write ie or ff specific css.  As a matter of fact all of my
css/html works on any browser once debugged.

If you are writing specific browser code then your code is wrong.  I could
write a doc on tips for cross-browser css/html compatibility.  Like using
top and left instead of padding or margin.

Javascript is an exception.  There is necessity for browser specific, but
that can be streamlined somewhat.

But, to find all of your css/html bugs you have to test in all the browers.
I've found Opera to be the best at finding bugs.  But, every now and then
something in my html/css crops up in IE6.

It took me 3 months to figure out the right ways to code css/html without
specifying browser and cut that slop out.

Some doctypes seem to restrict javascript.  I've found that to be a problem
when the javascript in necessary.

I need my javascript and html/css to all work.  I like my php to work too.
;)

Michele