[nycphp-talk] PHP hosting and standard tool-chain for newbie?

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:16:47 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. A way to upload / sync files. It would be great if this was built
> into the editor so that she could just make some changes, hit "Upload"
> and it would automatically sync the server with whatever files she
> modified locally. If such a thing does not exist I suppose an sftp
> with UI style program would do. I know there's something like that for
> Windows but what is the Mac equivalent?

I have seen some mac people use software that mounts a remote folder
over ssh/sftp as a drive.  I personally just use the command line, but
does anyone know of a good free tool to mount remote file systems?  I
did a quick search and found MacFuse, but that looks like overkill.

Standalone FTP programs seem ridiculous these days.

Regards,
John Campbell