[nycphp-talk] W3 Schools?

Corey H Maass - gelform.com corey at gelform.com
Sat Apr 11 16:59:03 EDT 2009

Learn the info, take the practice exams, and then move on to learning
from every other site, too. I can't imagine a 'certification' from an
automated test by an unofficiated company (w3 is a company, not an
organization) would help you get hired. Either yre a rockstar or yre
not. Don't get my wrong - I love the w3schools. I use them daily. I just
don't think their certs are worth a lot.

Corey

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 16:49:18 -0400, "Leam Hall" <leam at reuel.net> said:
> Anyone have any experience with the W3 Schools tutorials and
> Certification? The site has a lot of tutorials and look decently well
> written. Testing for a cert is $75, and I'm not sure if it's going to
> affect any hiring decisions but it does let us "externally motivated"
> folks test ourselves against a measurable standard.
>
> 	http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp
>
> Since I'm not yet in the PHP Rock Star ranks, do you think this might
> help?
>
> Leam

//
Corey H Maass
Gelform Design
Brooklyn, NY
Web design and development for art and business

em corey at gelform.com
ww http://www.gelform.com
ph 646/228.5048
fx 866/502.4861