[nycphp-talk] OpenID is what?

mikesz at qualityadvantages.com mikesz at qualityadvantages.com
Thu Oct 30 11:46:35 EDT 2008

Hello Ben,

> Hello Mike,

> I think you have your real question here:

> Having been recently hacked and several of my webmaster email account
> names being hijacked by spammers, I am looking for viable solutions to
> safeguard my websites and the membership of these sites.

> How about fixing the problem, instead of adding new security measures?
> Please define "hacked"?

Sorry, didn't mean to downplay the seriousness of this hack, the
badguys were server 10s or thousands of porn images for several days
before the site ran out of bandwidth and shut down. That was the only
way I discovered that they were there. I had not idea that my site was
being used to distribute the junk before the bandwidth limit killed
the site. Even now, I am getting thousands of requests per hour for the
junk stuff that has been gone for a week.

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                            mailto:mikesz at qualityadvantages.com