[nycphp-talk] Timeouts ... how to get around it?

mikesz at qualityadvantages.com mikesz at qualityadvantages.com
Tue Oct 14 01:57:26 EDT 2008

Hello NYPHP,

  I have an array that has 13000 email addresses. For now, its in the
  script but will be in a database table eventually. It is a list of
  known bad guys.

  I have a database table with 9000 records and one of the fields is
  an email address.

  In PHP I am using a foreach to loop through the array and do a
  database lookup to try to find any matching emails.

  I am using this query inside the foreach loop:

        $res = ("SELECT * FROM `table` WHERE `email` = '$email2Chk'");
        $numRows = mysql_num_rows($res);
        if ( !empty($numRows ))

  It processes about 12000  addresses in the array and the script times out.

  Anyone have a better idea for doing this task?

  TIA for any help.

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                          mailto:mikesz at qualityadvantages.com