[nycphp-talk] javascript calling php function

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:30:45 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 4:13 AM, inforequest <1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

>  Just a warning that if possible your tracking script should limit its
>  function to your known intended destinations else fail or whatever.
>  Don't leave it "open" or you may find your site being utilized by others
>  as a general purpose redirect proxy, often for less-than-honorable purposes.
>
>  -=john

I was wondering about this, actually, but I also figured there must be
a bajillion other open redirect scripts out there.

Shouldn't it be okay to limit it to requests with a valid HTTP-REFERER
header? In other words, the redirect only works if the user clicked a
link on your site, not by following a link from some other site.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/