[nycphp-talk] warning message on the php page

Edward Potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:56:27 EST 2008

I guess after debugging a zillion lines of php code (by the way some
great responses here).  A tip?

BREAK IT DOWN!   Start with <?php  ?>  if you have too. Add your code
line by line. YOU WILL ALWAYS be able to fix the bug. In the end, it's
just a chip made of silicon -which is really just sand!

"Silicon is present in the sun and stars and is a principal component
of a class of meteorites known as aerolites."

:-)  ed

On 2/5/08, Ken Robinson <kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com> wrote:
> At 08:11 PM 2/5/2008, Dan Cech wrote:
> >chad qian wrote:
> >>I try to debug one php page.Everything is fine but I always get this
> >>error message on top when I load the web page:
> >>Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send
> >>session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at
> >>/home/getatwoq/public_html/chad/registrationverified.php:3) in
> >>/home/getatwoq/public_html/chad/inc/prehtml.php on line 23
> >
> >All,
> >
> >I have been following the comments in this thread with
> >surprise.  This is a fairly simple problem and should really be part
> >of PHP-101.
> >
> >The output is being started on line 23 of prehtml.php.  Odds are
> >fairly good that this file is 23 lines long and the end of the file
> >looks like this:
>
> Actually, the error message says "output started at
> /home/getatwoq/public_html/chad/registrationverified.php:3"
>
> So the output is on line 3 of registrationverified.php, not line 23
> of prehtml.php. If the OP had posted his code, we probably would have
> seen the session_start() on that line.
>
> Ken

> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com