[nycphp-talk] Embrace Dynamic PHP

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 08:55:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM,  <paul at devonianfarm.com> wrote:
>     I've been coding in static languages for my day job for much of the last
> year,  but I'm still using PHP for my own projects.  I'm increasingly coming
> to appreciate dynamic object construction,  dynamic method calls and 'magic'
> methods in PHP.
>
>     As much as I like symfony,  it feels like an invader from the Java
> universe.  When are we going to have a mature framework that ~feels~ like
> PHP?
>
>     More: http://gen5.info/q/2008/04/24/embrace-dynamic-php/

The best way to get the framework you want is to build your own. The
downside is that maturity takes time and application across many
related projects to achieve, but the upside is that you have a
platform that works the way you do.

I love how this thread follows hard on the heels of the "must
standardize on Zend!" mini-conference, so obviously this advice isn't
for everyone. But if you feel constrained by what you have used in the
past, take a few weeks to whip up something new.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/