[nycphp-talk] Bizarro Bug trying to insert after using mysql_insert_row

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Apr 3 10:01:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 09:41:42AM -0400, David Mintz wrote:
> Sort of OT, but... isn't the old mysql_xxx API on its way to deprecation?

Yep.  Which is another reason to use a database library rather than
calling the database extension functions directly all over the place.
When the DBMS changes, you (generally) only need to change your library,
not every database function call throughout your entire application.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/