[nycphp-talk] Resize pictures before uploading

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Wed Jun 20 13:50:08 EDT 2007

Nelly Yusupova wrote:
> Is there a script or any way I can resize the pictures before uploading?

Not via server side scripts. Even on the client side you most likely
will need to open the file, process it, and then write a (temporary)
file for upload.

I finished a similar script some time ago and I make the users ZIP the
files together into one archive and upload that one. The ZIP file may
still be large, but without having the user change the image dimension
that is about as small as it will get.

David