[nycphp-talk] The page you are tring to view contains POSTDATA ...

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun Jun 3 23:17:30 EDT 2007

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:53:03 -0400
Chris Shiflett <shiflett at php.net> wrote:

> Michael B Allen wrote:
> > If you hit the browser's Back button after submitted POST, that dialog
> > box pops up that reads:
> >
> >  "The page you are trying to view contains POSTDATA ... To resend the
> >  data hit Ok. Otherwise hit Cancel."
> >
> > The way I see it, this message box must NEVER appear on a professional
> > site.
>
> I think you'll find this article helpful:
>
> http://shiflett.org/articles/how-to-avoid-page-has-expired-warnings

Hi Chris,

Thanks. Your HTTP spec references are interesting. I think I'll stick
to POST for actions. I've always felt a little icky about using the
Location header but I'll try it out and see how it goes.

One special case is the search box which uses POST so I'll have to use
some JavaScript to make that use GET.

Thanks,
Mike

--