[nycphp-talk] SQL Full text searcing and storing

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyline) ben at projectskyline.com
Sat Apr 14 10:18:49 EDT 2007

Hello Again,

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a book or whitepapers on SQL for full text searching and storing.
I'm working on an application that will essentially store a fixed number of web pages cached ahead of time
and allowing searching of those records.

I've worked with large (million) record tables before, but not ones that store large amounts of text.

I'm curious what field types, indexes are best for this type of application.

I'm also curious about benchmarks. Google can return a huge number of records in a fraction of a second.
Is this a forked process, each doing small amounts of work, or one large beefy server doing the transaction?

My DB experiance is mostly mySQL and I would prefer to build using this.

Thanks

- Ben

Ben Sgro, Chief Engineer
ProjectSkyLine - Defining New Horizons
+1 718.487.9368 (N.Y. Office)

Our company: www.projectskyline.com
Our products: www.project-contact.com

This e-mail is confidential information intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.