[nycphp-talk] [OT] slidePresenter (was: live slide-show delivery viabrowser only)

Allen Shaw ashaw at polymerdb.org
Tue Nov 21 11:05:00 EST 2006

Hi Greg,

Great suggestions.  slidePresenter is in version 0.03 by now but is
essentially an ammateur hack.  I'm really impressed with Slidy,
especially when I see ( <http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/#(15)> )
that it's got a vision to include exactly the "distributed audience"
features I'm looking for.  Perhaps I can use it as my excuse to rid the
world of yet another slideshow program.

Thanks,
Allen

Greg Rundlett wrote:
> S5 http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/ by Eric Meyer, is an XHTML/CSS
> and JavaScript slideshow system.  Mix in some "presentacular"
> (http://labs.cavorite.com/presentacular/ ) js libraries and now you
> can use script.aculo.us visual effects in your S5 slide shows.
>
> Since your goal is to create a slideshow that you can share with an
> audience while you control the timing, it would seem like you could
> possibly create a "S5 remote control" so that you could build on a
> widely used project and focus on the one aspect that is missing
> without having to bother with the details of actually creating the
> x-browser content/slideshow system.
>
> There is another system similar to S5 created by Dave Raggett and
> others at the W3C called Slidy. http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/
>
> And Robert Nyman created a spin-off of S5 that already uses Ajax...
> except his implementation uses Ajax to retrieve the content (as XML)
> from the server rather than to create a controller.
> http://robertnyman.com/ajax-s/
>
> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

Allen Shaw