[nycphp-talk] talk Digest, Vol 42, Issue 15

Nate Abele nate at cakephp.org
Thu Nov 9 16:23:50 EST 2006

Ken, any reason you wouldn't just generate JavaScript to be eval'd on
the client side?

I would think that would actually be more efficient, despite the use
of eval().  It also saves you from having to re-implement more
JavaScript language features, should you choose to expand your
dynamic capabilities.  Also, (and the likelihood of this may be a
little far-fetched), it insulates you against having your client side
code misinterpret control character sequences embedded in the text.

Thanks for indulging my curiosities.

-Nate