[nycphp-talk] OT: Wanted: Zipcode database

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Fri Mar 10 22:51:19 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:39:52AM -0500, John Nunez wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am looking to purchase a zipcode database.  Does anyone use a
> reliable company?  I need zipcode changes within the month of when it
> happens.  I have already gone through 2 different companies and need
> someone that has 12 updates per year.  Zip codes change a few
> thousand times a year and my client needs the latest DB.
>
> Thanks,
> John Nunez

I've used the Geocode DB from zipinfo.com for clients before - not sure
what data you want about the zips.  They have monthly updates available.
Their data has had some anomalies in the past (zips w/ lat/lons in the
middle of the Atlantic) but they were quick to fix them in the next
update when we notified them of what we found.

HTH,
Andrew
--
Andrew Yochum