[nycphp-talk] [OT] Our Signature

Anirudhsinh Zala arzala at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 00:07:40 EST 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 04:54:32 +0530, Hans Zaunere <lists at zaunere.com> wrote:

> Hans Zaunere wrote on Friday, February 24, 2006 8:29 AM:
>> Well, it's true that our signature is perhaps a little busy, but hey, we
>> have a lot going on.  :)
>
> Everyone loves it when people reply to their own posts, but as I mention
> above, we have a lot going on.  See the end of this message for some new
> developments...
>
>> > New York PHP Community Talk Mailing List
>> > http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/talk
>>
>> This is mandatory... :)
>>
>> > New York PHP Conference and Expo 2006
>> > http://www.nyphpcon.com
>>
>> So I'm sure most on this list have heard already, but we've launched a
>> significant PHP/open source/technology event, happening June 14-16, 2006.
>> We always are pleased to have people involved, whether it be via
>> sponsorship, speaking, or helping to spread the word.
>>
>> For speakers, we're reaching out to local companies to learn how they're
>> using, integrating or even just considering PHP.
>>
>> To help spread the word, all you need to do is check out the Show
>> Participation section:
>>
>> http://www.nyphpcon.com/show_participation.php
>>
>> We appreciate folks jotting a link or image on their sites, blogs, etc.
>> and if you'd like to participate as a media sponsor, please contact me
>> offlist.
>>
>> > Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> > http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
>>
>> And the above link, which is new, gives a way for people to show that
>> they're involved and helping NYPHP support the open source community.
>> Again, place a link or image anywhere that's convenient.
>
> We're going to start sponsoring online presentations for those who can't
> make it to New York City.  These won't be instead of the monthly meetings,
> but in addition to, and we encourage the community to participate.  For
> those of you on the NYPHP-Announce list (which everyone should be!) our
> first online presentation featuring "Web Attacks and How They Are Stopped By
> dotDefender" has just been announced.  There's also a calendar entry:
>
> http://www.nyphp.org/content/calendar/view_entry.php?id=90&date=20060314

This is indeed helpful addition in current way of presentations, mainly for those whow are not able to join presentations over there. By this change non US members can also feel like they are there with them. I wish best luck to this new way of online presentations and looking forward to participate in this presentations.

> We've also opened up a presentation submittal form where everyone is
> encouraged to submit or suggest topics.  More details are available at:
>
> http://www.nyphp.org/presentations.php
>
> And no, it's probably not a good idea to add more lines to the signature.
>
> So please check the http://www.nyphp.org frontpage frequently for updates,
> and be sure you're subscribed to the NYPHP-Announce
> (http://www.nyphp.org/lists) mailing list (announcements are NOT
> cross-posted between lists).
>

> ---
> Hans Zaunere / President / New York PHP