[nycphp-talk] oracle to buy zend ???

Mike Naberezny mike.n at zend.com
Tue Feb 14 18:22:17 EST 2006

Jonathan Hendler wrote:
> I'm ignorant of the Zend Platform for Oracle.  But in principle, Oracle
> could save a lot of money if they just made easier-to-use tools.
> They might as well donate tools that simplify everyones life to an open
> source platform. They should do it for Ruby, Python, IDEs. etc.
> And they should build easy to use interfaces.

You might want to check out Zend Core for Oracle.  It probably has a lot of
what you'd like as far as easy installation with PHP and a web-based admin
GUI.  Core is separate from Zend Platform and can be downloaded for free
online.  There is also a paid support option via Zend Network.

http://www.zend.com/core/oracle

You can see the installation guide on that page to get an idea of what it's
like.  Also, a Windows version was just released for developers on that platform.

Mike