[nycphp-talk] Are you promoting someone else?s site without even knowing it?

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:29:22 EST 2006

By the way, the mod author has responded on ThreadWatch that he was
unaware of the risks of the cloaking tactic  deployed, and has removed
it from the latest version available for download. I took a look and the
backlinks are gone, the cloaking is gone, and any mention of them is
gone. I don't use IPB so I can't say it works or works well, but it
appears to have been cleaned up. http://www.threadwatch.org/node/5589

Of course any mod that inserts code into the view controller and/or
server level redirecting (re-writing) has to be watched very carefully.
Lesson learned?

-=john andrews
http://www.seo-fun.com