[nycphp-talk] New IT Courses at Nassau CC

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at ncc.edu
Mon Dec 11 10:40:49 EST 2006

On 12/11/06, edward potter <edwardpotter at gmail.com> wrote:

Some good points, I think it would be cool to glue all these
> applications into what could be a real project. A web site based on
> the technologies that drives a Wiki that provides online disaster
> relief updates from volunteers in the field.  They need databases,
> communications needs, online revenue generating models, communications
> links, etc.  You need to scan RSS feeds, how to write scripts that can
> chat with a satellite, real time api-google mapping, custom blogs,
> etc.

I greatly appreciate all the points you have all raised regarding these
classes.  Just as a point of information, I think you should all know that
the first of these two classes will not be the students' first programming
course.  It's the third, actually, if I have the prerequisites right in my
head.
-c