[nycphp-talk] Web Statistics for PHP

Allen Shaw ashaw at polymerdb.org
Fri Aug 4 14:13:04 EDT 2006

csnyder wrote:
> Jeepers, that's huge. Nearly twice as many php sites as asp?
>
> Anybody have any theories (besides, 'the language is just that good')?

My first impression was that "CGI", which comes in third, is not a
language itself (in some circles it seems synonymous with "Perl"), and
so I wondered why it was even listed.  Aren't the rest of these just one
form or another of CGI?  That says to me that the results aren't totally
scientific.  It depends on how the "web information extraction
technologies" operate.  Surely they're not just counting up file
extensions...

Dan, any clues how they came up with these numbers?

--
Allen Shaw
Polymer (http://polymerdb.org)