[nycphp-talk] [OT] - NYC Salaries

Eric Gewirtz egewirtz at suscom.net
Thu Aug 3 13:44:32 EDT 2006

I guess the key question would be, how long to you plan on making 65K for?
If you are ambitious and plan on advancing your career then the
opportunities are endless. I do not think anyone can argue that point. If
you want to make 65-75K for the rest of your life and do not want to advance
your opportunities then NYC can be an expensive place to live and I would
recommend not moving here. But, if you are good at what you do, you will
find work making more then 65K, there are not many cities in the world with
the Job opportunities that NY / NJ / CT offer. Don't let the nay sayers get
you down (there are too many of them).

BUT - it is expensive - housing taxes (NY is one of the highest taxed states
in the country, not to mention NYC will tax you too) but with the high taxes
come lots of perks - great schools, the arts, sports teams, public
transportation, great state universities, etc. If it was for the welfare it
would be Utopia :-)