[nycphp-talk] Php in the twilight zone

Carlos A Hoyos cahoyos at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 21 09:54:47 EDT 2006

talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org wrote on 04/21/2006 09:21:36 AM:
> The script is used for spidering a site, which is quite big .. so the 20
> minutes isn't that much. But each time the script finds a new link it
> flushes it to the browser, so the connection shouldn't timeout or
anything

Sounds like a segmentation fault. I saw this happen some time ago with a
similar script, where given the structure of the site one of the urls was
always different per page, creating an infinite descend.

Running on *nix, if you can run the script from the command line, "strace"
can help you debug and understand why the script is dying.

Carlos Hoyos,