[nycphp-talk] FW: [PHP] Re: APC and PHP 5.1.2

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 14:04:20 EDT 2006

On 4/2/06, michael <lists at genoverly.net> wrote:

> I was looking over these slides, http://talks.php.net/show/yul/ and
> found (among other great things) http_load.  I've installed and run it
> and I am now looking for ways to 'bring up my numbers'.
>
> I know many, many, many things influence performance.. but.. the above
> example seems like good advice.  I haven't seen much talk about The
> Alternative PHP Cache (APC) opcode cache on this list.  Is anyone
> making use of it?
>
> I also found xdebug (xdebug.org), but have not installed it.  Can
> anyone thumbs up/down on that one?

I'm using the apc for opcode caching. I use a lot of includes per
request, and I haven't seen it do anything gnarly. I haven't bothered
to use it for shared memory yet, but I'm sure that would speed things
up _a lot_.

How is http_load different from ab (the Apache benchmark tool)?

And what's the Callgrind business? I'd like to see a tutorial on that.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/