[nycphp-talk] database performance

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Thu Oct 27 19:28:04 EDT 2005

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/001020/celko.jhtml?_requestid=1266295.
> Also note, that in Oracle, there is a specific function to deal with
> this ... postgres, mysql, sql server and others do not deal with
> hierarchical structures in flat format.  Hope this helps, although I am
> not sure what the question was in the first place.

Ahh, good old NSM...

New York PHP developed an implementation of NSM, pNSM, as part of the clew
project.

There is endless discussion on the NYPHP-Org mailing list, including
presentations and code here:

http://www.nyphp.org/content/presentations/nyphp/index.php?slide=2

http://cvs.nyphp.org/cvsweb.cgi/clew/lib/

---