[nycphp-talk] Any success/failures with PHP/Java bridge?

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Mon Oct 10 20:41:06 EDT 2005

Fan, Wellington wrote on Monday, October 03, 2005 4:44 PM:
> Listies,
>
> I will need to use a PHP/Java bridge soon and am looking for stories of
> horror and delight. Anyone have any experiences?
>
> I've heard some differing reports: it seems that there is some confusion
> regarding the version of PHP required. I've heard that you *must* have 5,
> and elsewhere it seems people are using 4.3.x with no problems.
>
> The PHP/Java bridge lives at:
> http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/
>

> And a mention that it works with PHP 4.3.2:
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.java.php#53184

I haven't worked with this in a long time, so I'd be interested to hear your
experiences.  Just as an educated guess, I'd think that PHP 5 would be
better, considering the fundamental OO architecture changes.  While it may
work in PHP 4, you'll probably see more memory usage, which of course may or
may not be important, depending on your application.

---
Hans Zaunere / President / New York PHP
   www.nyphp.org  /  www.nyphp.com