[nycphp-talk] PHP vs. new ASP.NET 2.0

CED Consult at CovenantEDesign.com
Sun Nov 27 00:33:03 EST 2005

>>Susan Said<<>'Finesse'? 'Women'? 'Somehow men think only hard work is how things get done'?<<

This language sounds very instigative to me, and I'm not sure if this is an appropriate post for this particular forum.

However, having had to wade through numerous 'NetObjects', 'Dreamweaver', 'Visual Studio' and other 'assisted' created pages, I'd say that having the most atomic knowledge of your code is best, from a technical perspective. Now if you're a project lead or Exec. I could see the draw of such products, being as it will allow you to shave costs on not having to hire more technically savvy coders. IMHO, educating them to use Eclipse with the hundreds if not thousands of different plugins would be a much wiser choice.

There is something to be said of the increase of deployment speed, and the comparative decrease of stage-time. Visual Studio does seem to lend to developing applications quicker. But then again so does Ruby. Or the proper usage of various frameworks, such as QCodo or Mojavi. I guess in an enterprise facility it all depends upon what you want to standardize on.

For PHP, I tried the ZEND app, which was neat, but still some things to be desired. I use Eclipse alot, however, I always find myself back in old Homesite+ inevitably... I guess some of us are just made to swim through code.

Edward JS Prevost II
Me at EdwardPrevost.info
www.EdwardPrevost.info