[nycphp-talk] A chance to contribute LAMP/ PHP expertise?

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Mon Mar 7 13:33:57 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, inforequest wrote:

> Anybody care to help "solve the problem" ?
>
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic.php?id=26372#post-148972

>From a quick glance at the thread, it seems the "latest comments"
plug-in is the cause. My guess is that this is a super-expensive db
call.

Two choices. Rewrite the SQL to make this cheaper. Or, instead of
pulling the data new for every request, generate the data on a fixed
schedule (like every 60 seconds), cache the results, and pull that
instead.

If I wasn't super busy right now, I would look in more detail.

-adam

--
adam at trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"