[nycphp-talk] Php Framework

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:06:15 EST 2005

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski-at-inta.org |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

>Isn't this some of the case argued for STL in C++? If it's a similar case at all, then, like C++, it could be 15+ years before all the interfaces can be
>defined, ratified and developed.

brings back painful memories.

When introduced as a solution, C++ IOStreams were breathtaking in
concept. But implementations that worked were just as proprietary as
anything else (my perspective anyway). I gave up with it all after too
many hours juggling the "stable" outdated MFC (no templates), the Draft
ANSI standard (emerging STL), and  the fact that  comercial products at
the time  handled the problem by picking ONE compiler  to support  (in
my case it was.... WATCOM !).

I think the solution is to be the boss. That way you can define the
interface and all the code will always work with it :-)