[nycphp-talk] RSA Security

Adam Fields fields at hedge.net
Fri Feb 18 13:29:08 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:01:30PM -0500, Mark Armendariz wrote:
> > This is usually a webserver plugin (like mod_auth) that replaces your
> > standard authentication mechanisms.
> >
> > What kind of information are you looking for?
> >
> > --
> > 				- Adam
>
> Implementation, particularly with apache and php.

I haven't worked with this in a while, but it usually involves
installing the apache module which communicates to a running daemon,
but then it feeds through the standard http authentication
mechanism. You'll have multiple options for setting up users and
access levels. Clients have to present the token (from the hardware
key) in addition to their local password. From within PHP, this should
look exactly like any other kind of standard SSL authentication - you
don't have to do anything except collect the username of the logged in
user.

You should download the trial and check it out. All of these
components should be included:

http://www.rsasecurity.com/node.asp?id=1081

--
				- Adam