[nycphp-talk] PEAR Prepare and Oracle to_date

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Feb 11 18:00:10 EST 2005

Hi Eric:

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 05:24:51PM -0500, Eric Gewirtz wrote:
... snip ...

Wow.  That's a long example.  In the future, may I suggest simplifying
things?  Makes it easier for us, let alone you, to figure out what's going
on.

You're using the wrong object to get the error message.  Second, use the
getDebugInfo() method instead because it shows the native error message
from the DBMS.

> $result = $db->execute($compiled, $arrData);
> if (DB::isError($result)) {
>             echo "EXECUTE FAILED \n";
>             die($db->getMessage());

So, make that last line:

              die($result->getDebugInfo());

Now you should be able to figure out what's going on for yourself from the
error message.

--Dan

PS:  Take a look at http://www.expita.com/nomime.html.

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/