[nycphp-talk] Java - It's So Nineties

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:56:54 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, inforequest <1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

> PHP is a scripting language. JAVA is a real language.

<snip />

> Therefore they also have JAVA SCRIPT, which is like a lightweight JAVA,
> made for script coders (like PHP coders who have graduated to something
> more serious, but aren't yet ready for the complexity of JAVA).

No, they actually meant Javascript. The guy doesn't know the
difference. Neither have any of the people in my company to whom I
have reported to over the years. There is this thought pattern the the
company that developers who know Java know everything. This is a prime
example of just how wrong that train of thought is.

--
Randal Rust
www.r2communications.com