[nycphp-talk] Hmmm...still not quite there :-(

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Tue Dec 6 09:35:42 EST 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Anirudh Zala wrote:

> You seems have problem with your db server or sql execution mechanism.
> Because all queries except 2nd & 4th are correct and will run
> successfully on mysql DB.

When my keyboard layout is US English International (with dead keys) I
have sometimes gotten weird but unprintable characters near the quotes in
my SQL queries while working a terminal window with the mysql client. The
query appears syntactically flawless and yet it fails. I retype --
carefully -- the quoted parts, and then it works.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/