[nycphp-talk] FW: Is the web's love affair with PHP over? har har har

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:14:02 EDT 2005

Hans Zaunere lists-at-zaunere.com |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

>>However, E DC's survey has found PHP, along with scripting cousins Perl
>>and Python, is seeing drastically reduced adoption among developers in
>>Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Use of PHP has dropped by a
>>quarter in EMEA during the last 12 months to just under 28 per cent
>>while 40 per cent of developers said they have no plans to evaluate or use
>>PHP.
>>EDC chief operating officer John Andrew

If this was important, I'd say it's time to track the fundng for this
company cause it sounds so much like marketing fud. Since it's not
important, don't bother. PHP is about utility, not brand. That's
important for everybody here except maybe Zend, who probably has to care
about articles like this one. We don't -- we got here by getting the job
done, and PHP enables us to do that. Okay everybody on this list that
has never used any other language than PHP raise your hand. I thought
so. We all have used what it took to get the job done, and will probably
keep doing that.

Like Jeff Siegel said -- the kool aid is very powerful. This article
confirms that PHP is now a valid threat, worthy of attention and
resources from those with alot to lose.  Remember what Red Hat went thru
as the first "legitimate" Linux distro? When I visited RedHat's campus
in the earlier days  I couldn't miss the quote on the big wall as you
entered the building (I see they still use it as
religion:http://www.redhat.com/truthhappens/)

    "*First they ignore you*. Then they laugh at you. *Then they fight
    you.* Then you win."

    - Mohandas Gandhi

-=john andrews
www.seo-fun.com
(No relation to John Andrew, by the way ;-)