[nycphp-talk] User Login / Auth Class - SIMPLISTIC please

-sry sryBoston at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 21:15:27 EST 2004

> If you are really after a class, then http://www.phpclasses.org/ may
> have what you are looking for.

Cool. I'll bookmark it and judging from the uhh, documentation, use
it for sparking ideas! :) You know, I really won't learn if I don't just
write something, now will I? I was just being lazy today. But I got
a lot done for a lazy and sarcastic day!

> What I was trying to point out was that
> once someone submitted 'form1', you could set it as a $_SESSION
> variable.  You could even just set $_SESSION['form_1']=TRUE and be done
> with it - PHP4 tracks that for you (no muss, no fuss, no messy
> applicator brush!)...  Please see
> http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php for more details.

Now *this* has me thinking! Thanks, Mitch! I may just avoid
writing a class of my own yet! :)  Gonna have to plan this one out
on paper, though :(

> And as for the cats, I once had a small tower that could be turned off
> by my cat as she rubbed up against the case; but our Swiss cat is only
> interested in stealing my seat.

*chuckle* I wish all they wanted was my chair!! There are 4 cats here,
3 of which simply won't be anywhere but where I am--and it's a big
house. Keeping them from sitting on the desk next to my laptop is a
fruitless effort since the friends with whom I'm staying have trained the
cats to do just this (in the study upstairs where there are 3 other
networked computers and laptops and the firewall box -- all of which
make great, warm and vibrating "beds" for the smaller female cats but
the big boys insist on my mammoth Dell Inspiron as the best bet. And
if my Wacom pen "disappears" one more time, I'm going to get
serious--and I *do* still have my claws!

Though I must admit, the little butterfly animation in one banner ad on a
page I visited was thoroughly amusing for *me* to watch the little fluffy
female trying to "catch" it, like that ...what was it called? Nikkei cat?
The
screensaver kitten that sat at the bottom of your screen until your mouse
cursor moved and then it chased after it?... This one sits about as high as
my screen so this animated butterfly was right at her eye level...apparently
she's never figured out that what's on the screen is not real...kinda like
the
little Nikkei cat :) My friends tell me she's just brain-damaged from too
much pot smoke blown into her face as a kitten (they did not do this abuse
to her; previous owners from whom they rescued her) but I think she's
just neurotic and easily amused....and much too eager to help me type
right now. I have a shot of her asleep with the Wacom pen, the little
thief!!
I took it back and she didn't even notice--so there. I've gotta find a chain
for this Wacom pen or something. Why on earth do they all want it? Just
because it's mine? It's a stupid piece of hard plastic and it doesn't even
make noise. I don't get it. Gotta be a cat I guess.

g'night from -sry and the Camion Court Cats
http://www.sarahryoffa.com/gawne/cats/
(obviously, the albino Holstein is my "favorite" - the camera ham!)