[nycphp-talk] lost functionality after upgrading to PHP 4.3.4

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Wed Jan 28 15:47:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Daniel Convissor wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 03:19:19PM -0500, David Mintz wrote:
> >
> > Just for the record re Gallery 1.4.1, AFAIK it does not require
> > register_globals to be on. I'm running it with register_globals off and
> > it seems to be fine.
>
> My initial guess -- without ever having looked at the program or knowing
> anything about it, so take this with a pound of salt -- was that the new
> php.ini file didn't have the needed extension uncommented (or it wasn't
> compiled in, if that's the route use for the platform you're on).

FWIW, Gallery 1.3.1 is the first version of Gallery to work with
register_globals Off. That came out in the middle of 2002, but if
you're upgrading a really old version of PHP, you might also have a
really old version of Gallery. :)

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!