[nycphp-talk] watching external URL traffic

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Tue Jun 17 11:57:12 EDT 2003

not really unless you do have access to that machine for netcat, rmon
w/ethereal,etc.

or you can use ur imagination to poison the dns for the site and ip forward
all the traffic along to his site but last time i checked u end up in jail
for that type of stuff :-)

i know there are things like urlminder that can watch page modification for
you but you can probably also attempt this with ur own scripts (if you are
looking for hidden field changes or something) w/ php/curl/wget/etc.

- jon

pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47