[nycphp-talk] Mac and WYSIWYG browser-based editors

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Mon Jul 22 20:22:57 EDT 2002

kirill at kptek.com wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I am developing very basic Content Management website and have a working
>web-based HTML editor for Windows client.  Since Mac does not support the
>IE 5.5 editing features, I need to find a Java based  solution for Mac OS
>(8, 9).  I have seen some enterprise level Java applets (EditOnPro,
>EditLive - only Mac OS X(), but their licensing is too expensive for me (10
>user license per domain minimum) .
>
>Any suggestions or advice  is most appreciated.

Umm I don't beleive it's actually a Mac issue per se from understanding
ur email ... maybe look into WebDAV ... http://www.webdav.org ... I
beleive there are some Mac clients u can use ...

I also read an article once (Java Journal I think) on how someone
used/modified JEdit ... http://www.jedit.org ... to do real time
modifications ... however Im not sure Java 2 will run on Mac 8/9 ...
(neither would EditLive) ...

- Jon