[nycphp-talk] 802.11a and linux

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 12:16:37 EDT 2002

--- Jim Suto <jim at alliedtours.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with 802.11a wireless products with
> Linux, as to
> which brands are most compatible and offer best performance?

About two years ago I did.  I've worked mostly with Lucent and D-Link
cards.  Lucent (at that time anyway) was the best - D-Link worked, was
a little fineky, but you couldn't beat the price.

>  Is the Linksys WAP54A access point and the corresponding PCMCIA
> card a good choice?

Can't tell you from direct expierence, but I've always liked Linksys.
However, I think I would stay away from Cisco (if they even have a card
for Linux).

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Wireless-HOWTO.html  <-- howto (duh)
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ (writes the
drivers)

http://nycwireless.net   <-- very in the know

By the way, thanks for the HTML help - working well!

HZ