HTML form preview then INSERT using PHP & MySQL

SolTek soltek at mac.com
Sat Jul 6 22:34:01 EDT 2002

Hello everyone!  This is regarding HTML forms, PHP & MySQL.

I'm just learning PHP & MySQL.  I do know HTML though (big deal lol).

My Question:

How do you create an html form that goes to a preview screen and then
allows the user to move back to the form if they made any errors and
corrections are needed or click the send button to submit the form?  The
form's contents are then inserted into a database table.

The actions I want the user to take are as follows:
1) Fill out form.
2) Press Preview Button (the only button on that page).
3) Look over preview of text entered. (this should be on a new page and
appear as text, not text in form fields.)
4a) If user finds mistake in text of Preview, click Edit button (or link
or Browser back button) to go back to form and make changes. Then user
repeats steps 1 (editing not re-entering data) through 4.
4b) If user does not find mistakes in text of Preview, clicks submit
button that INSERTS form data into MySQL table.
5) User gets a new page thats says "thank you. form submitted."

I already know how to INSERT form data into a table and ECHO the data
onto a page after the data was inserted, but I can't figure out how to
add the Preview in the middle before inserting the data.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this!
- Steve

Just incase you need to know.. my current setup is:
Solaris 2.7
Apache 1.3.3
MySQL Version 3.23.43
PHP 4.1.0 Apache Module