[nycphp-talk] [JOB] PT Junior Developer, Manhattan

Cynthia LaPier cynthia at nemesis2.com
Fri Dec 6 19:34:55 EST 2002

Over the years Ihave interviewed many many people with certifications -
most of whom I would never employ. As the CIO of a non-profit
organization, as a former system engineer in the private sector, I can say
with complete confidence - certifications have done nothing to improve the
skill sets of tech staff. They have not increased the professionalism of
it workers. Indeed, all I can see is that they have increased is the
profits of computer "schools." I would rather look at experience and
examples of programming as a "certification" that a potential employee has
the stuff needed.

CLP