[joomla] Replacement for OpenPotion Asynchronous Google Analytics for Joomla 1.7/2.x?

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:26:07 EST 2012

Hi Matt.

"This Plugin is an improvement upon the wonderful BIGSHOT Google
Analytics plugin 1.5.3 and puts the Asynchronous Tracking Code for
Google Analytics into your site just above the closing html head tag
for faster loading. "

It's a Joomla plug-in where the non-technical user can put in their GA
code through the administrative interface to have Joomla include the
GA scripts on each page served. There are also some parameters to
handle multi domain tracking, but it's mostly to give the user an easy
way to input GA code without having to edit anything such as HTML or
PHP code. It's also helpful to be able to easily enable/disable it
during development or testing so it doesn't report all the page loads
to the report as real traffic.

OpenPotion Asynchronous Google Analytics is still available in the
Joomla Extension directory at joomla.org if someone wants to check it
out. Is there a replacement for this people are happy with for
1.7/2.x? Thanks!

David Roth