[joomla] Seyret component -- hosting videos

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Fri Dec 14 12:55:26 EST 2007

Donna Marie Vincent wrote:
> He wants to have the site members upload their flv's onto his site,
> which is why I'm concerned about this, on a shared hosting account.

I don't think CPU will be an issue, all seyret does is create an embed
link for the site.

Disk space and bandwidth will be the main issue.

Now if he wanted you to automatically convert the videos to flash, that
would be CPU intensive(and a nightmare.  Yeah yeah, FFMPEG is fairly
easy to install and does a good job 80% of the time.  But that remaining
20% is a nightmare.)