[joomla] delimiter replacement for pipe |

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:59:40 EST 2006

On 1/11/06, Jeff Phelps Clearmark <jphelps at clearmark.com> wrote:
> I'm using AKReservation on a few sites and suddently they stopped
> working with 403 errors.  Turns out some hosters are filtering for the
> pipe character now as it is a security risk.

What do you mean, "filtering for the pipe character"? They are
grabbing it out of POST ops, or censoring URLs? Can you tell me what
their justification for this is?

As Joomla doesn't really have anything to do with this, I'd say your
solutions are either getting a new ISP or working with AKReservation
to find an alternate character for whatever they are using the pipe
for.

Don't have any experience with AKR, so it is difficult for me to have
an answer without more info.

--
Mitch Pirtle
Joomla! Core Developer